August 11, 2020
Embarrassed to admit I have not given even a tenth as much thought as I should have on this subject. Logging the aforementioned ethic below as inspiration for personal continued contemplation on the subject.
- Build something that acts in people’s long-term best interest
- Don’t cheat
- Build a product that you would recommend to your own family and friends
- Widen your scope beyond the features themselves
- Listen to users to find out what they want BEFORE you build it
- If your company doesn’t listen, quit your job - if you can
The author summarizes the above as:
Work for the long-term benefit of users and communities. Consider the outcomes. And don’t cheat.